Factors to Consider in Choosing Home Alarm Systems
Home alarm systems are one of the most important components of smart homes. These systems serve as are the protectors of smart homes. They fight a lot of threats such as burglars and even fires and carbon monoxide, and water leaks.
For this reason, close attention should be made to choosing smart alarm systems. Homeowners should consider the different types and key Characteristics of Smart Home Alarm Systems. This is simple as it may seem, but it could be crucial when you finally encountered real-life scenarios.
Here are the types and characteristics to consider in choosing home alarm security:
Types of Home Alarm Systems
Smart alarm systems could be ready-made. But DIY home alarm systems exist for homeowners who prefer personalized home automation.
Tastes of homeowners vary as home automation systems also vary. Some systems are unique because of their completely wireless technology. Some, though, are unique because they combine old components with the newer, more advanced ones. Despite this variation, personal preferences of the homeowner will still prevail.
Homeowners will also be left of various types of home alarm security. Two of these systems are worth discussing. These two systems are the LCD panel type and the security controller type.
1. LCD Panel Home Alarm Systems. The LCD panel is one of the most common types of smart alarm systems. This is the usual way how people control smart homes back in the old days of home automation.
Some early smart home has entire rooms for LCD panels. It is in this room where all the control happens. But, nowadays, people use a single screen tablet or TV for an LCD panel. This allows them to control their home in an LCD panel even while just lying on a couch.
Wall-mounted panels still exist today, but with touchscreen and wifi features.
2. Security Controller Home Alarm Systems. Some home alarms systems cut down the LCD panel and use a home automatic hub instead. These hubs are usually box-shaped devices that connect devices of home alarm systems.
By doing so, they allow homeowners to centrally control these devices. This is because home hubs connect these devices into one coherent system.
These home hubs usually use ZigBee and Z-Wave protocols or even Bluetooth in place of wifi. With a single protocol, these devices could work together. This allows owners to build a coherent security plan.
Characteristics of Home Alarm Systems
There are three main characteristics that the best home alarm systems share. As a homeowner, you should take note of these characteristics. This is so that you will be guided in choosing between smart alarm systems.
Home alarm security available in the market are abundant. For this reason, you might get overwhelmed by the numerous options. It is a great help for you to narrow down the choices to the best ones.
Here are some of the traits to consider in choosing between home alarm systems:
1. User-friendly Home Alarm Systems. User-friendly features are important especially for those who prefer DIY home alarm systems. Even ready-made home automation packages are user-friendly and are easy to install. Installation is usually no harder than mounting the device on a wall.
But, some homeowners prefer to customize their home alarm security. Some add more extra features such as glass break detectors and heat detectors. Some prefer smart alarm systems that are hybrid.
By hybrid, it means the smart devices that incorporate mechanical features with smart features. Such devices are usually found in smart locks that still have the keyhole.
Homeowners should not feel clueless when installing smart home devices. They should be able to easily install them wherever they wanted to.
2. Compatible Home Alarm Systems. It is also important to make sure that devices in smart alarm systems operate under a single coherent system. Homeowners should make sure that the devices they acquire have the same protocol and processes.
For instance, if most of your devices operate in Z-Wave, you should only buy devices that also operate in the same protocol. This is so that you could avoid malfunctions and other conflicts.
Some devices may have dual protocols, but not all of them have this feature. Some Bluetooth devices may also allow wifi communication. To be safe, though, make sure to have a consistent protocol within your home system.
3. Responsive Home Alarm Security. Home alarms systems are useless if they cannot respond to common detectable threats. It is important for homeowners to review products before availing them. They should look if these products are effective, efficient and sensitive to make proper responses to threats.
Experts here, at Ezlo Innovation, can help you with anything about home automation and home security. If you have inquiries call us at +1 (866) 966-2272. You may also send us your thoughts at [email protected]