What Is a Battery Operated Motion Sensor Light?
If you’re looking for an easy to install lighting solution for your deck, shed, or other outdoor space, a battery powered motion sensor light is the best option. A battery operated motion sensor light is a device that uses battery power to turn on and off when it detects movement automatically.
The battery operated motion sensor light helps in many home security applications, outdoor lighting, commercial security, and much more.
When the beam is interrupted or when heat enters the area, the motion sensor reacts, and the light automatically turns on. You can install them indoors or outdoors in small or large spaces and wherever you don’t want to have electrical wires for lighting appliances. The lights are ideal for areas where you don’t have access to an electrical outlet, such as a hallway or stairwell.
The battery-powered motion sensor light has both lighting and PIR sensing functions, so it can work separately or work together.
How Do Battery Powered Motion Sensor Lights Work?
Did you know that battery operated motion sensor lights work using an infrared beam? Imagine this beam as a sort of invisible shield, which the sensor uses to detect the movement of people, animals, and cars entering your yard. As the sensor detects this motion, it triggers the light to turn on.
Features of Battery Operated Motion Sensor Light
These are the most common features available on battery operated motion sensor lights:
Battery operated motion lights come in two design types: stand-alone, single-unit light fixtures and a kit with multiple light fixtures. The kit can be set up in any combination and mounted anywhere you need light.
Optional mounting accessories allow you to install the battery operated motion sensor light almost anywhere without wiring or other special tools or skills, making them adaptable to cabinets, shelving, pantry doors, closets, etc.
Battery operated units have an internal lithium-ion battery that charges when connected to any USB power source such as a laptop computer or wall outlet using the included USB cord. Once charged, it will last for days before needing a recharge.
Lighting technology for the battery operated motion sensor light is either a standard LED or an energy-efficient LED bulb. Many manufacturers offer both types of products, so you can choose which one best suits your needs.
Standard LED bulbs are bright white, whereas energy-efficient LEDs have a warm tone similar to traditional incandescent lighting but use significantly less power.
The Benefits of Using Motion Activated Lights
- Reduce Electricity Bills: Motion sensor lights will automatically switch off when they no longer sense movement after a specific time and reduce your electricity bills.
- Reduce Your Carbon Footprint: By saving electricity, you are reducing your carbon footprint and saving money on electricity bills.
- Reduced Maintenance Costs: A motion sensor light automatically switches a light on and off, thus reducing maintenance costs associated with operating standard light switches manually.
- Increased Safety: You can use battery powered motion-activated lights to illuminate areas around your home, such as your porch or garage before you get there to avoid tripping over anything. It is beneficial during nighttime when it is dark outside. In addition, you can use them as security measures to deter thieves from breaking into your house. With a battery operated motion sensor light, you will spot intruders when approaching unannounced due to the sudden change in lighting conditions as they approach a light source fitted with a motion sensor detector.
- Affordable: Although battery operated motion sensor lights seem more expensive upfront when compared to the costs of wiring and electrician fees, they can save a lot of time, money, and effort. They are easy to install and create a waterproofing seal by covering the wire with the backplate. Battery operated motion sensor lights are also easy to cut off when you don’t need them on by just unplugging them.
Enjoy convenience by installing battery powered motion sensor lights. These lights are excellent for safety and energy efficiency. Their installation is easy as they do not require electricity or wires to operate and are easily portable to be used indoors and outdoors, around the house, and when camping.
Ultimately, there are many options for finding the best battery operated motion sensor light for your home. It is prudent to do some background research to determine what you need and what extra features are available on the market. Armed with such knowledge, you can procure a light that offers everything you need.